Here, at Legacy School Omaha, we take every chance we can get to be outside. And our 11 acres in Omaha, Nebraska allows us to do that! Whether it’s Spring, Summer, Fall, or Winter, you will most likely find at least one of our classes, if not more, outside. But, what if you are stuck at home? How can you enjoy time together in nature? Check out the following 20 nature activities to do with your kids while you are at home.
20 Spring Nature Activities for Kids
- Go puddle-jumping after a rain storm.
- Lie on a blanket and look for shapes in the clouds.
- Have a picnic in your backyard. Planning a Picnic: What to Pack
- Make a DIY bird feeder, then get out your binoculars to watch. 6 Easy Homemade Bird Feeders For Kids
- Plant your very own garden. Top 10 Crops to Plant With Children
- Start a household composting bin. Composting Ideas For Children
- Take a family bike ride.
- Go on a nature scavenger hunt with this FREE Nature Scavenger Hunt.
- Go to a pond and feed the ducks.
- Move story-time outside with These Spring Books.
- Find some rocks and create Rock Art. 18 Rock Art Projects To Do With Your Kids
- Adopt a caterpillar and release a butterfly. Adopt a Caterpillar
- Fly a Kite.
- Start a Nature Journal. Nature Journaling With Kids
- Watch a sunset.
- Clean up your neighborhood. Take a garbage bag and go around your neighborhood picking up trash. You’ll be surprised how much you can pick up! Don’t forget the gloves!
- Blow bubbles with this Simple Bubble Recipe.
- Climb a tree. (Don’t go too high!)
- Create a pinwheel with this Pinwheel Template for Kids.
- Practice yoga in nature. Infusing Yoga Into Nature
Nature at Legacy School
As stated previously, Legacy School is located on 11 acres of land in Omaha, Nebraska. During the school year and during summer camp at Camp Legacy, children are immersed into nature daily. From nature activities to just “being” in nature, children get to experience natural beauty while in the city. Some features of the 11 acres include:
- Barnyard with goats and chickens
- Sports fields (soccer field, baseball field, sand volleyball, archery field (summer only))
- Composting system
- Obstacle course
- Science and Nature Center (find reptiles like tortoises, anoles, corn snakes, leopard geckos, bearded dragons. Learn more about these reptiles on our Science/Nature Center Blog Post
- and MORE!
The Legacy Private School in Omaha Advantage
A New Choice in Education
Take A Tour
Thank you for your interest in Legacy School. We encourage you to schedule a tour and see what makes our school unique! Classes, differentiated instruction and high academic standards all in a private school setting. Our 11 acres of land provide an outdoor education you will not see anywhere else. We invite you to come tour our school today!
Legacy School sits on 11 acres of land, allowing for expressive, outdoor educational experiences for all students. Our outdoor learning and playing space allows for real world experiences that cannot be found anywhere else. We utilize our unique location, with 11 acres of land for outdoor education and outdoor play, thus giving students a chance to spend more time in an outdoor education setting. New to Legacy School is a barnyard that holds both chickens and goats and a farm to table garden.
We are proud to unveil our new Legacy School Scholarship Program. Students who attend Legacy from 1st-6th grade are eligible for a $500 scholarship towards higher learning. This scholarship can be used for college or trade school upon graduation from high school. With that said, we are very excited to give back to our students as we know each child has the potential to succeed at whatever goal they set for themselves. We can’t wait to help your student celebrate their high school accomplishments and for them to continue onto their higher education journey.